We are here to help you. If you have need of our services, please call us, day or night. Or, if you prefer, you can fill out the form on the right.
Are you thinking about pre-planning your funeral? Pre-planning is the best way to choose how you're remembered, to ease the emotional and financial burden on your loved ones, to protect yourself from rising funeral costs, and to let your family know your final wishes.
Click here to learn more, or fill out this form and we will contact you.
We provide our families with an open door policy. Please feel free to contact us 24 hours a day.
C.H. Boudreau Funeral Home Limited
633 Veteran's Memorial Drive, P.O. Box 99
Arichat, NS B0E 1A0
C.H. Boudreau Funeral Home Limited
633 Veteran's Memorial Drive
P.O. Box 99
Arichat, NS CA
If you are looking for information on a particular topic, or if you are looking for a loved one who has been entrusted to our care, you can use the form below to narrow down your search.
We understand that it is not always possible to pay respects in person, & this will help.
Grieving doesn't always end with the funeral: subscribe to our daily grief support email, designed to help you a little bit every day, by filling out the form below.
We at C. H. Boudreau Funeral Home, can help you plan a fitting and affordable Funeral.
Each year more than 200,000 Canadian families are faced with the death of a loved one. On average, these bereaved families will spend between $5000 and $7000 for funeral services. In contrast, the average cost of a wedding in Canada is $20,000. We can arrange an appropriate, meaningful and dignified farewell to fit any budget.
Increasingly, families are choosing cost effective funeral services that are personalized to reflect the unique life of the deceased. Some opt for a simple photo display at the funeral home; others are very creative about personalizing their funerals. At the funeral for a dairy farmer, his favorite milking can was used as his urn. At the funeral of a women who loved to bake, mourners received pieces of fudge and favorite recipes as a keepsake.
Such personal touches add little or nothing to the cost of a funeral, but adds tremendous value to those who knew and loved the deceased.
5 Financial Tips for Affordable Funerals:
1) PLAN AHEAD: We plan ahead for our children's education and for our retirement. Preplanning funeral services makes just as much financial sense. When you preplan your funeral, you have the option to prepay for funeral services. Prepaying ensures you pay " today's dollars " for a service that you may not need for years. In Canada, prepayments are placed in guaranteed and protected trust funds.
2) PURCHASE INSURANCE: Insurance policies can be purchased with the express intent of using the proceeds to offset or cover the funeral expenses.
3) PERSONALIZE THE GOODBYE: Take advantage of the many free or inexpensive ways to tailor a funeral service to reflect the life of the deceased. Favorite photographs, music, memorabilia and food can be used to personalize the visitation or the funeral service.
4) PARTNER WITH YOUR FUNERAL DIRECTOR: Funeral directors help families plan memorable, dignified and personalizes funeral service within a given budget. Discuss your preferences and your spending limit. The funeral director will work with you to prepare an event that meets all your emotional and financial needs. Funeral directors can assist you in completing all forms such as Canada Pension Plan Benefits or benefits for veteran of Canada.
5) PARTNER WITH A FRIEND: If you are arranging a funeral at the time of need and are concerned that emotions may cloud your financial judgment, bring a friend. A close friend can support you and help you make appropriate decisions to ensure that you don't go over budget.
Whether it's a quiet ceremony with family at the cottage or a community affair complete with reception, know that it is possible to plan a unique and final goodbye to fit any budget at C. H. Boudreau Funeral Home.